300 Hour Advanced Studies
An Elite Group of Yogi Warriors Working to Go Deep, Be Great, and Inspire Others
"Kelly is an incredible teacher and offers powerful insight into a thriving life. I've listened to the meditations over and over. The topics were perfectly timed for my life, practice and teachings. I am so grateful for this wonderful and worthwhile experience."
- Sara Drummond, 300 Hour Vira Bhava Yoga Graduate
* Pre-requisite: Completion of a 200-Hour Certification program with a Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga School AND 1 year of Teaching Experience. For questions, contact Kelly.
Big News from Vira Bhava Yoga! We are growing and changing, and to keep up we will only be offering ONE LIVE 300 Hour Advanced Studies Program per Year beginning in 2019. Read more about it HERE.
SIGN UP BELOW FOR DETAILS ABOUT OUR
Module 1 Launching in March 2019
Register for IN-PERSON training by clicking on a location below for information and dates.
We are the ones we've been waiting for...
At this time in the world, pain, hope and spiritual opening, are calling many to change directions and to embody and live a life aligned with the values and beliefs at the core of who we are.
Vira Bhava Yoga is a school for warriors desiring to live a life of purpose and meaning, and share this inspiration with others.
- Know you are meant for something bigger than what you are currently doing.
- Are lit up by your yoga practice and want to discover why.
- Are inspired to engage in the world but feel afraid.
- Have struggled finding a yoga community of belonging.
- Know that you are making a big impact with your teaching, and want to understand how to be more intentional with your offerings.
- Desire to make a difference in your life or in the world, but are unclear how to do it.
- Feel inspired to lead, but struggle with being a leader in your life or work.
- Want to take your yoga and healing to the next level.
- Feel conflicted about how to work as a full-time yogi, healer, or teacher.
- Know that there is more to yoga than asana, but don't know how to find out.
This is the school for you.
If you desire transformation, internal and external change, and a community of accountability, and healing -- you are invited to join us.
IF YOU WANT TO:
- Step into your Dharma/purpose.
- Feel fiercely called to do big things in the world and are looking for the support to get there.
- Know who you are.
- Gain tools for how to enact the change you seek for healing.
- Care about making a positive difference in the world.
- Want to deepen your spiritual practice.
- Feel called to work with people on healing, transformation and love.
Vira Bhava Yoga IS the school for you.
In the 300 Hour Yoga Training you will learn practices and gain tools that you can: take with you for the rest of your life, implement in your day to day, and enhance your practice and purpose in the world.
THE VIRA BHAVA YOGA SCHOOL WILL:
- Guide you to identify, understand and claim your life’s purpose/Dharma.
- Empower you to stand strong in your convictions.
- Support the strengthening of your discernment.
- Identify the difference between truth and fear in your life stories.
- Assist with engaging more fully into your life.
- Provide the tools to activate the life you were meant to live and impact your world in a meaningful way.
We have been waiting for you.
5 - 6 weekends:
A community of yoga warriors, led by master teacher, Kelly Golden, gain a deeper understanding of energetics, ayurveda, pranayama, meditation, self inquiry, kriya, creative power, mantra, and more.
We are a diverse community of yoga warriors from many locations. If you are traveling from out of town, community housing options are available.
Flexible payment plans.
Change your life, Change the world.
LIMITED SPACES: Sign up for a free session with Kelly Golden, creator of Vira Bhava Yoga School and master teacher.
The VBY 300-hour Advanced Studies Teacher Training is designed to build upon and deepen your understanding of the fundamental concepts of teaching yoga that you learned in 200-hour level training. The VBY 300-hour training builds upon the subtle, philosophical and experiential aspects of your foundational skills of practice and teaching, and dives deeply into elements of the practice that open doors to new realms of practice and teaching.
The completion of this Advanced Studies Program will qualify you to register as a 500-Hour RYT with the Yoga Alliance.
ABOUT: The VBY AS Teacher Training is structured as five 5- 6 Modules of 3 ½ days each designed to explore the depth of Power that this practice has to offer. See Details and Applications page for Dates & Registration Information.
STRUCTURE: This Teacher Training is designed around the structure of the Five Koshas. Each module will explore one of the Koshas in depth, drawing on physical practice, pranic exploration, and tantric philosophy. We will explore the significance and subtle aspects of each Kosha and its relevance to an empowered practice of Yoga.
INTENT: The Intention of VBY is to give voice to the aspects of our practice that are challenging to articulate. Through a variety of tools, experiments, study, and communication, the training explores the deep and intimate uncovering of the highest expression of Self as well as the obstacles and patterns that stand in the way it. Together we will cultivate a warrior's heart as we stand in our truth, deepen our practice, and grow to our greatest potential.
DISCLAIMER: Vira Bhava Yoga 300 Hour Advanced Studies Teacher Training Programs do not offer instant gratification, placation, or bypassing of what binds us to suffering and the illusion that we are individually more important than another.
Vira means "Warrior" and Bhava means "the essence of"... To enjoy and benefit from this training one must be willing to embody the essence of a warrior. We expect those joining our programs to be or to be striving towards: radical self responsibility, motivation, accountability, and ownership. This is not a training for those seeking to be given the answers or for those who are looking for a repetition of their 200 hour program. If you are disinterested in diving deeply into the more subtle energetic, meditative, philosophical, and investigative aspects of yoga, this training is not for you.
The understanding that Yoga is a personal experience rests at the core of this program. You are the one who can answer your questions. Via Bhava Yoga offers the guidance for you to explore and discover.
Week One: Anumaya Kosha
Food as Medicine
Week Two: Pranamaya Kosha
The 5 main systems
Meditation and Kriyas
Week Three: Manomaya Kosha
Restore and Regenerate
Yogic Model of the Mind
Vehicle of Self Expression
Week Four: Vignanamaya Kosha
Week Five: Anandamaya Kosha
Mythology and Practice
Translation and Experience
In addition to the five 5-day modules of the Advanced Training, you will choose an additional day outside of the training weekends to schedule, create,and host your final project. This will be an opportunity to put what you've learned into practice: yoga and business.
Required Reading And Reference For Training:
The Subtle Body, Cyndi Dale
Shankara's Crest Jewel of Discrimination, Any Translation
Shakti Sadhana: Steps to Samadhi, Pandit Rajmani Tigunait
Hatha Yoga Pradipika, Any Translation
The Pursuit of Power and Freedom: Katha Upanishad, Pandit Rajmani Tigunait
Trail Guide to the Body, Andrew Biel
Eastern Body, Western Mind, Anodea Judith
Ayurveda and the Mind, Dr. David Frawley
Full Cost Of The Program Is $3650
Early-Bird Pricing $3250
A registration fee of $475 is required to review your application and register you for training.
This $475 is a non-refundable registration fee.
The training will be in progress for 13-16 months. This enables us to create payment plans that will be quite affordable.
We offer a monthly payment plan or a per-session payment plan. Individual payment plans should be arranged directly with Vira Bhava Yoga. Please contact Vira Bhava Yoga (Info@ViraBhavaYoga.com) if you have any questions.
Work/Trade Partial Scholarship
We offer a limited number of Work/Trade Opportunities that provide a discount on the Training. Please fill out our worktrade scholarship form to be considered for this scholarship.
Refunds take between 6-8 weeks. Refunds for workshops and retreats will be honored 14 days prior to event.
Registration Fee for our 300 and 500 hour programs are not refundable. If a training you are registered for is cancelled the registration fee will be refunded.